Self Assessment Return Deadline
There are deadlines for sending your Self Assessment tax return to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and paying any money you owe. The deadline for the last tax year 2014/15, which ended in April 15 is at midnight on 31st January.
So there is only a few weeks left to submit your return and a reminder that you can now only submit a 2014/15 return online as paper submissions will no longer be accepted.
A welcome addition to our team
In the last few weeks we have welcomed Harriett to the HCA team in Newbury. Harriett has much experience around customer service, so we know she will be a great fit for the team and our clients. More to follow soon on our team page http://www.hcabusiness.co.uk/about-us
Twelve Days of Christmas
On the twelve day of Christmas my true love gave to me ……..
- Here are 12 ways we will be supporting our clients over the festive season.
- Time - "outsourcing saved me hours so I can now do other things in my business"
- Expertise - we know the numbers, VAT, CIS, Tax, Systems
- A fixed laptop by the IT-Tech team
- Friendly and approachable support
- A tax rebate following efficient completion of your Self Assessment return
- A happy team - all paid on time via payroll for their Christmas shopping and festivities
- A new IT infrastructure installed by the IT-Tech team
- Specialisms – such as the construction industry and anything horses
- Reliability - established 10 years, many testimonials
- Peace of mind - we take care of things for you
- Training in your Sage products
- More cash – less tax, more time for profit generation, credit control support
Our IT-Tech support continues to expand
We are delighted with the response from our existing clients and new customers. We always saw there was a link between the hardware, software and technology that our accounts team use to the support our customers needed with their IT and equipment.
Chris has been busy leading a number of projects from PC fixes to the installation of new networks. Over the last few months, our IT-Tech support has extended to the supply and installation of CCTV and demand is high as we all look to secure our properties and assets.
For more details about our IT-Tech support, please see our web page or call Chris on 01635 48200
Bank Wizard introduced to your Self Assessment Returns
HMRC has introduced a wizard that will validate the bank account details you complete online as part of your Self Assessment return. The wizard will check that the bank sort code is valid and that the account number is entered in a correct format relating to that sort code.
If we do this for you, then please ensure we have your latest bank details. If you complete your own return, then please note the details are now being validated. Of course, if we can help then please get in touch.
The Marriage Allowance lets you transfer £1,060 of your Personal Allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner. This reduces their tax by up to £212. You can get Marriage Allowance if both:
- the partner’s income is between £10,601 and £42,385
- partners were born on or after 6 April 1935
You can read more by clicking here or please contact us